The gates to Hell are open and something beckons.... The last of Earth's magicians are living in fear. A Cenobite Hell Priest known as Pinhead is killing them off, gorging on their knowledge to enhance his own magical powers as part of a quest to takeover Hell. Meanwhile, Private Investigator Harry D'Amour is fulfilling the final wishes of the dead, who communicate with his business associate, the blind medium Norma Paine. But while investigating one such case, Harry inadvertently opens up a rift between hell and the real world. When nemesis Pinhead emerges through the portal, a vicious battle ensues. After failing to recruit Harry to write his Scarlet Gospels, which will chronicle his takeover of Hell, Pinhead captures Norma to force Harry's hand and Harry must go through hell — literally — to save her.
In this long-awaited, epic horror novel, Clive Barker brings together two of his iconic characters — the long-beleaguered occult detective Harry D'Amour, and Pinhead — in a tale set on Earth and in Hell. In the author’s own words, it is “a HORROR NOVEL with the graphic violence and perverse eroticism of the most intense tales from the Books of Blood.”
Earthling’s deluxe, signed, limited hardcover edition includes:
- Color dustjacket art by Malleus Rock Art Lab (who did the NIGHTBREED: THE DIRECTOR'S CUT and JACQUELINE ESS posters)
- Full color interior illustrations by Edward Miller (a pseudonym for Les Edwards, who painted the original movie poster for NIGHTBREED and illustrated the graphic novels "Son of Celluloid" and "Rawhead Rex" by Barker)
- A lengthy foreword by Doug Bradley
- An afterword by Mark Miller, which discusses the development of the novel
- Scanned original manuscript pages, with hand edits (in appendix)
- An “outtakes” section containing several scenes deleted from the original manuscript that never made it into the final text, along with notes about each scene **(in appendix)
- All copies will be signed by Clive Barker, offset printed in two colors, and created using fine materials
Only several hundred copies will be printed to ensure the collectible nature of this limited run; there will be no “gift” edition, no increase in this print run, and no subsequent printings.